Unova Opinions, What do you think of the new Team Rocket?

« Older   Newer »
SuperKarissa64
view post Posted on 21/6/2012, 07:22     +1   -1

Team Rocket is actually taking their job seriously, and being successful. I personally think its some sort of buildup for some large event with them to come. I really really miss the old Team Rocket. Some fans seem to like them better when they're all badass like recently, though. What do you guys think of the new Unova Team Rocket? Do you think they'll go back to normal? And do you think it'll start some sort of domino effect?

TesalionLortus
view post Posted on 21/6/2012, 10:04     +1   -1

QUOTE (SuperKarissa64 @ 21/6/2012, 08:22) 
What do you guys think of the new Unova Team Rocket? Do you think they'll go back to normal? And do you think it'll start some sort of domino effect?

I don't think 'back to normal' is good saying... You see- they are normal in my opinion and they are acting like they always could (see very first episode of Kanto and you will have the example). But truly they never had before SO important missions to show their true skills- so there was no need for them to be serious before... and they were funny- now the culture of job makes them serious (when they are acting with persons such like Zager, Giovanni). Truly they are the same persons and unova is even more- they realised their dreams about being great agents (with serious, important tasks) and the writers gave them finally the chance- and I hope they are not going to take (in very rude way btw) all of this from TRio and make them again low ranked agents. I hope BW is truly the next step- not only a 'break' or something. We had so many old eps which we can watch again any time we like- lets give TRio to be happpy and do in the series that whats always they wanted to do (as long as they will be in the show)

Shizana
view post Posted on 21/6/2012, 23:36     +1   -1

Hm, it's a difficult thing.
On the one hand, I'm glad 'bout the change of Team Rocket. For the games and also the manga, Team Rocket was always a really evil organisation. Okay, for the games they were more annoying than others, but if u remember the story, they did really bad things most of time. And also for the manga, it's a completely different thing than the anime show. For this, Team Rocket was more for fun and the running gags (but the very first episodes, there they were pretty badass! x3). Noone really remembered for the real meaning of the organisation with the passing time. That's why I'm really glad, Team Rocket can now show their "real face" in BW.
But on the other hand, sure, I'm missing the "old" Team Rocket for some reasons. In my opinion, especially the TRio got lot of awesome "new" skills and I like the serious art of them, somehow. But with the same breath, for my feelings they lost alot of personality. Sure they have to be serious now and they do pretty great jobs, but I don't like that impersonal behavior to each other. I miss Musashi shouting, I miss Kojiro smart smiling and I can't see Nyasu grinning all the time anymore.
In one sentence: Most of the time I'm not really sure, how to feel 'bout BW TR. But I try to enjoy them, no matter what. At least it could be alot more worse, they could be gone. So I'm just glad, that I can follow them a bit longer now and be happy, that they can live their dream of being the best agents and do sophisticated jobs without the regular failure after a long long time again.

Even if I hope for many things 'bout our beloved TRio, I don't think that they will turn back to "normal". It just won't fit with them now anymore.
But I still wonder 'bout that last ending of BW. Not the new one for the new season, the second ending of the last season. U know, when our TRio were sitting near to the singing twerps and smiled. They looked so peaceful, happy and remembered me alot of them back then. I ever wondered and hoped silently, that there will be answers for all those secrets around them now. I always wished to see them like back then, just for one single episode, for which they would talk and smile to each other just like they always did. I wanna hear them happily saying "Ii kanji" again someday.

But to be honest... I don't really like the new drawing style of them in BW. Rarely they look pretty good, but most of the time... nah, can't explain.

SuperKarissa64
view post Posted on 22/6/2012, 02:10     +1   -1

I see where you're all coming from, it certainly is better than them being gone. Its also better for them job-wise. But I agree with the post above me, they lost their personalities. Sure, let them be serious, I'll be disapointed, but as long as they weren't around their superiors they could still be funny AND succeed! It just feels like 10+ years worth of character development down the drain. But maybe I'm just taking a lot of things for granted. And concerning that one ending with the kids singing, when the TRio looked so happy, that gave me hope that this series would get better. The Meowth arc where he was following Ash around was a major scare though, as I fell for his scam and really thought Jessie and James had abandoned him. (Which would have thrown away the logic from the episodes "Go West, Young Meowth" and "Meowth Rules".) But after it was revealed as a trick, I think it was actually pretty clever on the writer's part. So I DO give them props for that. uvu If it wasn't a trick, I probably would have never watched Pokemon again. XD

On an unrelated note, it seemes most of the members here watch the original Japanese version over the english one. I haven't watched much of the original dub, so I'm just gonna use the english names. ^u^;

Omega Shadow
view post Posted on 29/6/2012, 06:27     +1   -1

I think TR is awesome, no matter what they do, even if it isn't the silly 3 we know and love.

Musajirou
view post Posted on 23/4/2013, 01:19     +1   -1

It looks like the TRio comes back to "normal" (not like serious Rockets aren't normal, but you know what I mean). Seeing serious Rockets was great, but I deifnitely didn't want them to be like that all the time. I'm happy that the anime staff didn't forget what was what fans loved about Rockets and realized that Pokemon is not Pokemon without them. Now I just hope that they will be brought back to every episode again! :D

Btw, long time, no see, huh? ;D

5 replies since 21/6/2012, 07:22   182 views